Shuttle Service Changes
In our ongoing commitment to provide quality customer service, Texas Medical Center Parking Operations and Transportation recently completed a study of the remote parking facility shuttle services and made enhancements to increase transportation efficiencies. We reviewed the current routes, stops and ridership and identified a decline in ridership, overlapping routes and minimal usage at some stops. As a result, we have implemented a new shuttle program that consolidates the shuttle routes and allows for optimum streamlined service with continued emphasis on convenience and reliability for our customers. Please see below for a brief overview of these changes:
- TMC has selected a new Shuttle Service provider.
- The TMC White and TMC Blue Shuttle routes have been consolidated to form an expanded TMC Blue Shuttle Route.
- There have not been any changes to the TMC Red Shuttle route. The new Shuttle Service provider began providing service to the TMC Blue and TMC Red Shuttle routes on Monday, May 7, 2012.
- South Extension Lot contract parkers have been relocated to facilities that are now being serviced by the TMC Blue Shuttle, TMC Red Shuttle and the METRORail. For convenience, access to the South Extension Lot is still available for those parkers who want to continue to park in the South Extension Lot and walk to their destination or receive transportation by other means. This access is in addition to the new parking location assignment. There are no changes to the after-hours parking program.
- As of Thursday, June 7, 2012, the METRO TMC White shuttle is no longer be available at the South Extension Lot.
Click here for a campus map with all updated TMC Blue and Red Shuttle routes and locations.
Click here for more information regarding this change.
If you have any questions please contact the TMC Parking Help Line at 713-791-6161 or email us at ShuttleTransFeedback@texasmedicalcenter.org.